Thursday, July 16, 2009

Internet Marketing Business Is Worthless!

Are you familiar with the story "The Fox and The Grapes?" It's a classic fable that goes this way:

One hot summer day a fox was walking through an orchard when he came upon a bunch of grapes just ripening on a vine high off the ground on a lofty branch. "Ahhh, just the thing I need to satisfy my thirst," said the fox.
Stepping back a few steps, the fox ran toward the vine throwing himself high into the air, just missing the bunch of grapes.

Not easily discouraged, he took a few steps backward and again ran toward the vine, launching himself high into the air, once again he missing the grapes.

Again and again he persisted launching himself higher and higher into the air, coming up short each time. Tired and frustrated, the fox finally gave up and walked away muttering to himself: "The grapes are probably sour anyway!"

The moral of the fable is:

"It is easy to despise what you cannot achieve."
So what does any of this have to do with internet marketing business?
Well, two days ago, I got a private message from one of the small business forums that I'm a member of. The message was from another forum member chastising me for trying to assist other members of the forum.
In a nutshell, he said internet marketing business was worthless and that you can't make any decent income doing it because he had tried many times without any success.
Hmmmmm...sounds a lot like our fox in the previously mentioned fable.
"It's easy to despise what you cannot get!"

He went on to tell me that I was giving people unrealistic hope by encouraging them with my advice. Anyway, that message got me wondering.
There are probably a lot of other people out there who mistakenly think the same exact thing about internet marketing business, because of a negative experience they had. You may even be one of those.
If you are, this is my message to you and the forum member who sent me that private message:

Internet marketing isn't worthless. Internet marketing does work!
How do I know? Because I'm personally making a comfortable living on the internet, as are many of my friends, colleagues, associates. But it didn't just occur by chance. It's like anything else in our brick and mortar world, you have to LEARN how to do it.

For example, nobody was born with the knowledge of how to drive a car. You have to learn how to drive by getting behind the wheel and practicalizing the act of driving.

The same applies to internet marketing business. You have to learn the basics, and you have to practice them. Along the way you may encounter difficulties a few times, but remember practice brings about perfection.
I failed at internet marketing several times, before that little light bulb finally came on and I finally figured it out.

But I never gave up on myself and I never quit learning. I read every online marketing ebook, newsletter and article I could get my hands on.
You see, the secret is in the LEARNING.

If you want to succeed at internet marketing business, I implore you to start with a personal e-commerce website of your own and learn how to drive a steady stream of targeted visitors to your site.
Most entrepreneurs who receive up to 500 targeted visitors daily earn up to $5,000. The key is in the LEARNING.

No comments:

Post a Comment